Tuesday 24 January 2012

Helllooo Blogging World!


I have been thinking about putting together a blog for quite some time now, in fact it was one of my goals for the new year. But like most people, New Year’s resolutions fall short and I usually don’t follow through. This year is different however, and its time I start treating it so!

So here I am attempting to find my place in the blogging world.

To start off this post, I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself and the hopes and dreams I hold for this blog. My name is Jessica and I am completing my final year of my Bachelor of Elementary Education. That’s right, I am a student teacher in a wonderfully exciting grade two classroom! Every day I go to school and am excited for what my day will hold. The kids are darling, the challenges are great and the work is over whelming, but I love it and I know teaching is exactly what I am meant to be doing with my life.  Through this blog I hope I can inspire others as I have been inspired through some great teaching blogs I follow. I also hope I can network with other student teachers and teachers to collaborate and share ideas, resources and experiences. My favourite University professor always told me “teaching is all about begging, borrowing and stealing” and I couldn’t agree more!

I may be the new girl at school, but what I don’t possess in years of teaching experience, I make up for in creativity, optimism and energy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment