Tuesday 14 February 2012

Chocolate Overload

I am happy to say I survived my first Valentine's Day party in grade two!

My student's were so excited for Valentine's Day that they could hardly focus their attention on anything else. In the morning they created and decorated their own Valentine's Day pockets made out of felt, and in the afternoon we handed out cards, treats, chocolate and juice while the kids watched Charlie Brown Valentine. It was a really wonderful day filled with laughter, excitement and of course love.

Begging, borrowing and stealing from my favorite teaching blog: The Teacher Wife, I found this fantastic idea for Valentines. Knowing my students would be on chocolate and sugar over load, I didn't want to give them any more sugar, glow sticks were the obvious choice. Glow sticks are a super fun and creative way to celebrate this very special day! The kids were thrilled, and happy kids make me a happy teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment