Tuesday 7 May 2013

An Update

Wow! It has been so long since I last posted on my blog, that I guess an explanation is in order. A lot has changed in my life over the past year, and I apologize that my blog was the first to suffer. Let me give you an update!
Since Graduating in May (finally!) I packed it all up and moved to the one province I never thought I would move-Quebec! Speaking a very limited amount of French, I knew the obstacles I would face would be numerous, yet I was hopeful this city would offer me more than my beloved Halifax could; career wise. I was right! Despite a long and trying month of bad reality television and feelings of desperation, I finally started getting called for some subbing work at a very nice private school. Although most of my calls were for subbing in Phys Ed (thankfully my boyfriend is a wonderful Phys Ed teacher who gave me a ton of great lesson plans-check him out at thephysicaleducator.com) I was happy to finally be ‘living the teacher dream’ and working! After about a month of working a few days a week, I got a call from another private school looking for an Integration Aide in their Kindergarten class. The child they wanted me to work with had some major behavioural issues. I knew this was my opportunity to get a full time job (even if it was just till Christmas) and hopefully work hard to make a name for myself. I took the job; no questions asked and started the next day.  I am happy to announce that it is now May and I am still working everyday! The position in Kindergarten lasted until February, and although I was terrified that with the position ending I would once again be looking for work, the school found me a position and asked me to stay on until the end of the year. I am now working in the Learning Strategy office; providing support and enrichment for individual students and small groups. I honestly love it! I am planning and creating amazing lessons, and working with some really amazing students!
This year has been a challenging one. With so many life changes, I have had to put myself out there and really question myself on who I am and what I want out of life. I can happily report that I am still figuring it out, but I know I am on the right path. Everything seems to be falling into place and I am excited for what life has in store for me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment